RE: Website Critique

by "Kane Satterthwaite" <kanes(at)btl.net>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:54:16 -0600
 To:  "'Rajnish Bhaskar'" <r.bhaskar(at)compserv.gla.ac.uk>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Dear Rajnish,
Thanks for all your useful comments.  I will definitely add the alt tags
- a naughty over site that slipped my mind before releasing.  As far as
the text images, this was mostly to preserve the font design, but I will
rejig it - I am only using verdana anyway, so it does seem silly.  Would
this also cause a lack of indexing by the search engines despite using
meta tags?

Will discuss with Mary re the galleries intro page, however, the pop
down menu is meant to relieve extra clicking and page throughs by the
user.  I will disable the link behaviour on the galleries link, it
should be evident enough with the rollover menu once this is disabled.

I can also takeout the javascript image restore in the thumbnail images,
I do agree with you, though I don't see it very much elsewhere
unfortunately!

I didn't think your comments were negative - very helpful, in fact and I
will take them in good stead.

Regards,
Lori