RE: Please check out my page!

by "John Woram" <jworam(at)msn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:56:53 -0500
 To:  "Marla Jones" <JonesMB(at)dhfs.state.wi.us>
 Cc:  "HWG Critique List" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Page Critiqued: http://www.geocities.com/marlajones_1999/

Hi Marla, I'll add a few comments to that excellent critique that Craig
Harding sent.

1. I second the motion to kill the autostart sound. Let the viewer decide on
this, or you'll lose some repeat traffic.

2. "Everything you need in life are in those two words." Change "are" to
"is" to agree with "everything."

3. Try the following for the table -- <TABLE WIDTH="70%" BGCOLOR="#CCCCCC"
BORDER>. Change the width and the actual color to whatever you like, but
this guarantees the table will occupy the same relative space, regardless of
the viewer's screen resolution, and a solid color background will let the
words stand out. I don't think those <TBODY> tags are doing anything useful.
Also, remove the <BR> tags in the table. Try viewing the present page in a
small browser window and you'll see that the forced line breaks create some
odd effects.

4. The size tags distort the proportions of the player window. I'm not sure
what the correct proportions are, but it might be worth checking this out,
then making the appropriate adjustments.

5. There's some odd script stuff at the bottom of the file, including a
couple of closing tags that were never opened. I didn't look very closely at
this though.

Hope this helps a bit . . .