Re: critique please - Question

by "Karin Christensen" <karin(at)imagecyte.com>

 Date:  Sun, 6 Oct 2002 09:28:18 -0700
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I don't think it matters how big the web site is, the main thing to think
about is the width of text lines.  It is a rule in print publishing that
lines of text that are too long are unfriendly to the eye.  If you try to
read a line of text that is 10 or 12 inches long you will lose
concentration, lose your place and your eyes will get tired.

Perhaps if you are designing  a graphic site and keep the lines of text
short a larger resolution may work.  But even though I have my screen
resolution at 1024 x 768 I keep my browser at 800 px wide.  Someone else
stated that most PC users keep their browsers maximized, but I don't think
that is the case.  I actually resent web sites that force me into maximizing
my browser.

I say keep at least the important part of the page no larger than 700 or 800
wide.
Karin