Re: please critique

by "Peter Cooper" <peter(at)bizuk.net>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Jan 1999 12:30:44 -0000
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"m labranche" <mbl(at)vt.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>i have a website i would like to be critiqued
>http://www.vt.edu:10021/M/mlabranc/mbl.html
>
>i am a freelance web design/ graphic design student at Virginia Tech
>this page is my first attempt at making a page for my one day company
>
>also, i would appreciate it if you could send mail to me personally as well
>as to the list, i get the digest and would save me time if you personally
>send it to me

I must admit I've seen a lot worse than this, so nice job on making it half
viewable =)

OTOH, I agree with Killian. It lacks the 'finesse' that many would expect
from a designer, especially one who is at university studying
graphic-design. Then again, you get some designers at the other end of the
scale who manage to concoct immensely wierd web pages using their
traditional graphic design skills.

I would get rid of those bricks, and (and in my honest opinion) the frames.
I don't understand the relevance of the coins either, so I'd get rid of
those myself. I can't work out exactly what those things in the bottom left
are (look a bit like led displays), so perhaps you may want to develop a new
idea for navigation. A more imaginative logo may be useful too, especially
since you're studying graphical design, be fresh.

Overall though, it's not totally dire.. as a personal homepage or something,
it'd be 'ok' but as a business, no way jose. But good luck!

Regards,
Pete