Re: critique please

by "Craig T. Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>

 Date:  Fri, 25 Oct 2002 10:04:14 -0400
 To:  "lori" <emaillori(at)worldnet.att.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I found it a little disconcerting where the target links (for instance the
dogs on the stuff.htm page) target anchors right next to those links. It
seems to be a waste of time and a bit confusing. I mean one clicks on "our
dogs" and nothing happens because, I assume, the target is already
displayed. That also seems to happen on some other pages.

The Knickerbocker link throws a 404 error.

In Netscape 4.7, the fill within the navigation didn't appear and there were
a few artifacts on the pages, but not enough to bother with, I believe. MSIE
looked fine.

I would suggest a target="_BLANK" attribute for those links such that those
off-site links open an new window and the visitor doesn't lose your site.

Overall, the site looked professional and I particularly liked the graphics
and layout. As mentioned above, I found the navigation a little complicated
and possibly confusing, but that is easily correctable, or maybe it's just
me. Personally, I also don't like the hovering to a larger font in the bread
crumb navigation at the bottom. I don't like the fact that the bottom bar
jumps when you onfocus that link because of the larger font. Color change,
only, is better, IMO.

One last thing that I'd personally suggest.. on the advertising.htm page,
you state "Our owner's years of experience" yet there are very few examples
of that "experience." Consider adding several additional examples of clients
and/or links to work proving that statement for the "show me" type clients.

Anyway.. I really liked the look and feel.. and good luck in your endeavor.

Disclaimer: All the above is my opinion and should be taken as that.. my
opinion.
As Viewed: Windows XP pro, Explorer 6.x and Netscape 4.7, 2200xp Athlon MSI
PC, Matrox G550 video, 20 " Sony viewed in a various windows set at 800x600
through 1280x1024, 16 bit and 32 bit depth, T-1 line.

Craig T. Harding