Re: Critique this site...

by "Mike Taylor" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Sat, 2 Jan 1999 06:01:29 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>The link is
>http://www.kepanogreen.com

Hi Todd:

The design is very solid;  I especially like the pleasing shade of green for
the text.

The one improvement I think would be beneficial for visitors would be to
HTTP stream the RealAudio files.  It's very easy to do and most servers
support it.  Instead of the <a href> tag referencing the .RA file, create a
text file whose only line of text is the URL of the .RA file, and save the
text file with a .RAM extension.  Then use the <a href> tag to reference
that .RAM file.   Assuming your host server has the right MIME types, the
result should be HTTP streaming.  This is much more advantageous than
waiting to download the entire RealAudio file before listening to it.

Take care,
Mike
http://w3.one.net/~lonewolf/