RE: 1st critique of HiCap site

by "Robert Couture" <rob(at)web-artist.com>

 Date:  Sun, 23 May 1999 10:32:40 -0400
 To:  "hwg critique" <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello, Deborah!

> Please give me some feedback concerning
> http://washougalhicap.virtualave.net/
> It's basically an internal information site for the Highly Capable
> program for my son's School district.

Just a few points.

1.)  Although it's "cute" I don't think that the little javascript about the
time and how long you have been on the internet is appropriate for the type
of site that you have here.  It would be fine on a personal homepage, but
not on a site such as yours.

2.)  Move your Mission Statement up and below that, tell us something of
what Washougal School District's Highly Capable Program's Parents Advisory
does.  You opening page doesn't tell me much.  I find that the opening page
should say something to attact my interest.  Perhaps some mention of your
charter with a link to the PAC Charter or an excerpt from you Philosphy (I
hope you get the idea <g>)

3.)  With having you links on the left side not being the standard blue
underlined, you throw off the usability model that I am used to.  At the
very least, I would suggest having your links underlined.

4.)  The site is bland.  It needs some creative images to liven it up a bit

5.)  Ouch!  That lime green on the calander of events hurts my eyes!  <g>

6.)  You need navigation on your pages, there is no way to move about your
pages.

I think that covers the important stuff I noticed right from the start.  The
opening page look a little unbalanced to me ... :)

> please include your browser, platform & screen resolution.

IE 5.0, Win98, 1024x768, 32bpp colour.

HTH!

Robert Couture
V.P. Internet Technologies & Resources