RE: Please critique http://www.asp-dev.ml.org

by "The Wise One!!!" <cardpro(at)zebra.net>

 Date:  Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:03:43 -0500
 To:  "Cen-IT John Penfold" <John.Penfold(at)bournemouth.gov.uk>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Well John,

Took a quick look around and heck, even signed up! :)

The pages load VERY fast...very good response times.

The layout is clean, uncluttered and very professional looking, quite on par
with some of the best sites I have seen. The lack of "gimmicks" and
bandwidth wasting animation's that provide little if any functionality to
the site is very refreshing.

The choice of fonts on a nice clean background is also good. However I will
make a suggestion here, not only to you but to everyone: I have worked on
some pages for some older (yet savvy) people that tend to have less than
perfect vision... Now bear in mind that I am running 800 x 600 on a 12.1"
TFT LCD laptop which is not large. (Probably the same VIS as a 14" CRT
display)
It wouldn't hurt to adjust the font type and size to take into account older
eyes. (Of course I could also be wrong...)

As to navigation, anyone should be able to find their way around the site
with little to no trouble.

Overall, I like your design work very much. (Now if you can just get some
"content" into all those "coming soon" areas!)

Alan S. Atwood