Re: Critique : http://www.wyldeside.com/index2.html

by "Scott Piegdon" <scott(at)hyperwebdesign.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:42:32 -0500
 To:  "SDJThorin" <sdjthorin(at)geocities.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    The navigation is creative, but not functional.  First comment, have all
of your links from your home page.  Second, the back and next buttons are a
neat idea, put them down at the bottom of the page, and throw a complete nav
bar at the top.  If there are sub pages from you main sections, then have
links rolling off those pages.

Why Upgrade My Browser?

That is your current site map.  Maybe have nav buttons that say the
following

Welcome Center - In the introduction text have a "why upgrade my browser
link."  Maybe even use some vb script to detect what browser they are using,
and only display it if it isn't like IE5 or something.
    About Us
    What's New
    Contact Us
Services - Introduction
    Hosting
    Web Development
    Portfolio
        Back and next buttons for each site that you have developed.
Site Map
Keep a "contact us" link as well as the "legal terms" link at the bottom of
every page.

Second tip, drop the "frames" idea.  They are functional for some things,
but not necessary on your site.  It just give the users one more choice they
have to make, when they don't have to.  Just develop the site for non frames
versions, and you will be there.