Re: Software development site: critique request.

by "Kevin Conroy" <webmaster(at)prolist.com>

 Date:  Mon, 1 Feb 1999 21:06:44 -0500
 To:  "Jordan Powell" <lonewolf(at)one.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jordan,
    I am the web master for my company so I know what it's like to have the
company president want a certain "image." At any rate, looking at style
only, I think what you have is a good start. However, I, personally, have a
few "issues" with your site. My main gripe is your use of frames. While
frames can be very helpful, they can also destroy a site. Viewed at 1024x768
your site looks okay, but anything smaller and the top, left, right, and
bottom frames restrict the site (I can't see everything). I would suggest
that you get rid of the top, left, right, and bottom frames that you have in
there for spacing and just use the toolbar and content area. If you do that,
I think the look of your site will drastically improve.
    Nice use of CCSS. I know that you had the mouseover color the same red
tone used in the Cortexia logo, but it doesn't work too well for the links
over the brain background. It's alright, but you may want to see if other
color combos are acceptable and if any others look better.
    Your site loads fast and has nice navigation. The banner images are
small and effective. I think you have the start to a potentially very
powerful site here. Good luck!

            -- Kevin Conroy
            www.prolist.com and www.healthyhabits.com

P.S. You may want to add an option for clients to submit work orders and a
section on the latest company news. Just some ideas!