Re: Critique Request: www.antibodywear.com

by "Ryan Fischer" <fischer(at)email.unc.edu>

 Date:  Mon, 29 Jun 1998 14:22:02 -0400
 To:  "Preston Davis" <hailedav(at)erols.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Preston Davis wrote:
>May I have the benefit of your collective noodles with a peek at
>www.antibodywear.com ? Specifically, I'm looking at LOAD TIME vs.
>DESIGN. Is it too slow? Is it easy to navigate? Can you understand the
logo's?

Operating system: Win95
Browser: IE4.72
Modem Connection Speed: 33.6KBPS connected at 26.4KBPS

The page loaded surprisingly fast for the number of images it had.  I highly
suggest you include some sort of text on the front page (though I recognize
that ou did specify ALT for the linked images.  I'd also provide a different
way to navigate the site, possibly some text links at the bottom like so:

    [ Enter | What is Antibody? | View Catalog | What's New? ]

Also, you need to put some contact information on the front page.  About the
logo?  Kind-of blurry if you ask me (if you're referring to the "AB" with
the orbital...).

Personally I like the design of the "enter" page much better than what you
have on the outside.  If I were you, I'd do away with the splash page and
make the "enter" page the first page.  Load time is quite fast on the
"enter" page as well.  Upon a second look, I like the look of the "news"
section best of all (color scheme, etc).  That one might be good to use.

Above all, you need a !DOCTYPE declaration (and here I'm referring to the
front page).  Remember to validate when you're done!

HTH!  ;-)

-Ryan Fischer
ICQ UIN - 595003
fischer(at)email.unc.edu