Re: Fishing Site

by "Mark Chinery" <CHINNERZINC(at)UKDESIGNERS.com>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:30:17 +0100
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
[sorry if this is a repost, my messages are bouncing]

WIN 98 800x600 28k dial up ie5

The site is easy on the eyes, seemed fast loading and easy to navigate.
Couple of thoughts.

1. Non-framed version has remarks "This website was designed to utilize
frames". Why then have a non-framed site? It should be, and can be, just the
same for non frames as it is for frames? Comments like, "The page you are
viewing is being viewed without the aide (sp) of the navigational user
interface. It is the considered opinion of the websites designer that you
click here to view this webpage as it was intended to be viewed..."is
irrelevant and unnecessary, and could be annoying. You can include the same
buttons you have on the framed site.

2. There are a number of spelling and grammatical errors that need checking,
can send if necess.

3. The background tiles nicely but is really VERY loosely connected with the
fishing theme. If you really need a background, would suggest something a
little more watery:) Beware your background doesn't clash with the images
you'll be uploading in either case.

4. The links at bottom of non-framed site are almost unreadable; lose the
bold type or enlarge by fontsize1. Or both.

5. Coding seems to have rather a lot of unnecessary JS for such a small,
simple site and could probably be pared down a little to optimise loading,
although this is an extremely minor point. You only really need to have
minimal preloading scripts for your button images/rollovers.
Overall, I like the structure, nav and content/conciseness but believe the
points raised will enhance the overall look and feel.

Regards
Mark
www.zincweb.co.uk
Graphic eMarketing