Re: a little corporate fun for my father

by "Matthew S. Burton" <msburton(at)usa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:54:05 -0600
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ack! I hate you! (Not literally - figuratively...;o) So you just kind of
"threw" this together, huh? It looks great!

Couple of things:

There are some edges which need smoothing, namely in the top frame next to
where it says "Southern California's Premiere Search Firm" the ragged edge
there stands out against the white.

Also, and you may not have any control over this issue, but the table that
the database queries return are just too basic in comparison with the rest
of the site. Maybe apply some formatting to the tables as they are generated
to have them match up with the professional appearance of the rest of the
site.

Finally, the bottom frame seems to be a waste of "screen real estate" to
me - while it does seem aesthetically pleasing (i.e. frames the content
well - no pun intended) It just feels like there needs to be something more
than just, well, nothing. At 1024x768 the lower frame is huge, so I'm sure
lower resolutions don't give it any more justice. Maybe try a height of 50
or so, see what that does for you.

That's all for now...just my 2 cents...

Matthew S. Burton