RE: CRTQ of http://neXXus.dragonfire.net/FNB/

by "Robert Couture" <rob(at)web-artist.com>

 Date:  Sun, 6 Jun 1999 10:48:33 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Isil!

> If you don't mind - you non-netscape browsers out there - just drop
> me a quick line to let me know if the site worked ok for you or not.

Win 98, IE 5.0, 1024x768, 32bpp, 800x600 24bpp. (Dual Monitor)

The site looks fine except a couple of areas I think need attention:

The top button with the words "Fencing Escrime" are too small to read and
although they are part of the logo, at that size it is unreadable, and some
people will strain to rad it anyway :)

It's hard to read at the larger size on the "general information" page.

Without text labels, I find you navigation lacking.  The buttons are great,
but without a description (without putting my mouse over it) it seems to be
incomplete ... your sysmbols aren't universally know (like a do not enter
sign) therefore dificult to know what they are for.

On your mouseovers:

The first two (from the top) line up perfectly vertically but the third one
does not.  I would suggest lining it up to the first two for continuity.  As
for the Site Map ... heck it is fine as it is :)

On the "Official Merchandise" page:

The first logo looks crooked :)

About the only other critique I would have to say is it lacks colour.
Everything is dull earth tones.  To me it doesn't convey the excitement of
fencing.  I think that needs to be addressed.

HTH!

Robert Couture
V.P. Internet Technologies & Resources
A. S. P. Technologies, Inc.