Re: A marathon site: Please critique.

by "Jordan Powell" <lonewolf(at)one.net>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Jan 1999 06:34:33 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
re:  www.cinheartminmarathon.org

>Your site presents a particularly acute case
>of the fact that a table is not rendered by a browser
>until all of its elements are read in.
>
>This is a good puzzle!  How about this -
>End your first or "outer" table immediately after the last graphic
>on the left cell, "Entex".  This will get finishers 1-10 or so.

Hi:

My problem is that if I close any tables before their time (to quote Orson
Welles), my "false" borders get all screwed up.  The red borders that run on
either side of the top and side blue bars are actually color-coded table
cells.  I did this instead of creating borders on the graphic because I
wanted a way to ensure that the borders would continue to the bottom of the
page as more and more text was added.  Anyway, when I try to close any
tables, the false borders will go absolutely nuts.  I would love to be able
to close the tables so that the text area is its own separate table, but
it's going to get really sticky thanks to my border eye-trick.

Aaaargh!

-J