Site Critque

by "swild" <swild(at)sonic.net>

 Date:  Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:32:18 -0700
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> A quick criticism is that more and more web sites are depending on sans
> serif fonts for all text (helvetica, arial, etc.).  This is fine for
titles
> and headings, but I find serif fonts much easier to read on large amounts
of
> text (times roman, etc.).  Studies have shown this to be the case and this
> is why magazines and newspapers use serif fonts for their stories.
>
> Norman

While this is true of print materials, it is not necessarily true in Web
pages. I personally find sans serif fonts much easier to read on the
internet, especially in cases of large amounts of text. Reading a web page
is different from reading a newspaper or magazine. It's like reading on a
big light bulb!

Joe, I found your site very clean and easy to read. The line length is also
about right!

swild
http://www.sonic.net/~swild