RE: Our site is redone!

by "Robert Couture" <rob(at)web-artist.com>

 Date:  Wed, 5 May 1999 12:33:14 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Mike!

> just finished putting the finishing touches on the redo of our site...
> Input PLEASSSSSSSE.

This is an ISP site?  Hate to say it, but YUCK!  Horrid choice of background
colour.  Hurts my eyes.  If this is an ISP, what are you running on, an ISDN
backbone?  Picture downloads are incredibly slow -- even for a 33.6 modem.
You modem cam picture looks cheap and fuzzy, why bother, it makes your
company look cheap and fuzzy.  You "Full Colour" modem rack picture took
over 2 minutes to D/L ... yawn.

What exactly does the bird cam have to do with your business?  Fine on a
personal home page, useless on a professional page ... Why aren't image
sizes being specified?

Office cam picture is fuzzy and has too much contrast ... it also looks like
nobody works there ;-)

On you main page, the navigation graphic looks like something a child
created.  To me, it takes away from the professional nature of your
business.  The navigational symbols are okay but it is easy to tell that
they are just common clipart.

On subsequent pages, your navigation is only at the bottom, there should
either be something at the top as well, or along one of the sides near the
top, it's annoying to have to scroll to the bottom for navigation.

Under the rates page, everything is left-aligned, yet the footer is centerd
... it should be consistent.

I personally don't think having unfinished pages up is the right way to do
things ... but that's only an opinion.

Sadly, no matter what page I go to ... it seems to be slow loading ... maybe
M$ has released new software again today ;-)

Of, course, these are only my opinions :)

Robert Couture
V.P. Internet Technologies & Resources
A. S. P. Technologies, Inc.

"The Web Artist"