Re: critique please

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:59:51 -0500
 To:  <denise(at)amun-ra.demon.co.uk>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Visited with NC 4.6 Win 98 17" monitor  800 x 600
first impression:  Nice clean professional site.
I like the soft grey and blue, the layout is very nice.
I was very impressed.

Oh but the one thing I found that I really didn't like
is the moving navigation buttons..  I was scrolling to
look at the content and all I could do was watch
those buttons.  You sure don't want your navigation
buttons being the center of attention.  I realize
that you want them there as a convenience but I
have to say it is annoying and distracting more than
a convenient.  I would rather have text navigation
at the bottom, and a fixed navigation buttons up top, but that is
my opinion.

On your Legaleye.html page, there is a bracket next to
disclaimer>.

Also on each page after it loads the nav buttons jump
to the right ever so slightly.

On your site map for Planning the Future this link
http://www.raworths.co.uk/future.html"
404 Not found probably because of the " in the address

I tried checking all the pages on your site map, but the
second I got to your site my firewall went bizerk. Every
page I hit my firewall shot up a warning.  This was so
consistant the entire time I finally got tired of blocking
things and quit.  But overall the site is extensive and very
nicely layed out.  If it were me I would anchor that
navigation so it doesn't move, but that is my opion.
Beautiful job other than that.

Nancy