Re: please critique dHTML site (round 2)

by "Craig T. Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>

 Date:  Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:13:59 -0400
 To:  <burtthemime(at)yahoo.com>,
"hwg-critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think the colors and basic layout are ok, but would have to agree with
many others here in asking about the content.

Who are you trying to appeal to?
What is here that would be considered inspiring?
Where is the content that would appeal to the average perspective client
selling him on the idea spending cash in hiring you to design for him?
Why would a client think you could sell his product to the public based on
your ability to sell this site to him?
...............................How? Clients generally don't care.

You and I might say.. "Hey, snazzy layering" but to the average person it's
a fairly uninspiring design, IMO.

Why did you stick the whole thing in a frame? That's the surest way to get
undetected by any search engine. Are you trying to hide the HTML from the
casual observer? Who else would use that code? It's a mish-mash of older
tables and an attempt at absolute positioning... not a bad attempt, mind
you.

I would suggest that you rethink the use of both serif and sans fonts. Maybe
that's intentional or maybe not. I think it adds to the clash that some
might consider in the color choices. I didn't look at your CSS. Maybe you're
not intending that sans font mixed with serif. If that's the case, you might
consider using more common fonts or embedding.

Craig T. Harding