Re: Some Redesigning

by "The Lion's Cub" <lionscub(at)elknet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:49:36 -0600
 To:  "HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear.

1) General reviews are still accepted and welcome even though I did ask
about the dl time problem.

2) I am almost certain most of my dl time is in image size.  I am looking at
gif wizard to correct it, but I have to wait to set up an account.

3) Page one loads in fully then loads the graphics behind the text.  The
other pages tend to load in the background image, then a long delay then the
whole page appears rather instantly graphics and all.  I like the way the
idex loads, I have tried to be very conscienco\ious about putting in image
sizes and alt texts, and even without the graphics the idex is a usable page
(more or less) the other ;pages are useless until they pop in.  Any comments
or suggestions.

4)Is there anyway other then frames to have images that I use frequently
load faster on multiple pages.  I am thinking the side bar would be nice in
a frame, but I have an uneasy feeling about converting to frames.

Just in case it matters to anyone I use MSIE 4.0 with  Windows 98.