Re: Please critique Renoir jewellery site

by "Jayne" <Jayne(at)skyline-design.com>

 Date:  Mon, 26 Aug 2002 18:11:21 -0700
 To:  "Catherine Renoir" <catherine(at)renoirinc.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Catherine,
A few comments:
The site looks "Ok" but is a little too bland for the subject. (JMHO)
When I think Jewelry, I think stones! The opening page is simply too bland
to want to make me look further.
Recommendations:
Change the logo to something with jewels in it, Catherine would be superb.
Sharpen up your images, the contrast is too bland.
Lighten up on text on the index page. It needs to be more enticing, more
pics, less text.
Change the link colors, purple and blue don't go with the gold colored
navigation links at the top.
Check your spelling and grammar.
Check your meta tags, if your going to use the spelling "jewellery" you
should also include the American version " jewelry", also, rings, necklaces,
neckchains, earrings, pendants,  etc.
Add some prices, even if you say something like: "suggested retail price".
Am I looking at something for $100 or $100,000?

Check out the HTML version of this site:
http://www.tiffany.com

Good start, hope this helps.

Jayne
http://www.skyline-design.com