RE: Feed Back on compatibility

by "cyberenet" <howardsp(at)cyberenet.net>

 Date:  Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:47:47 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks to everyone for the feedback, I now have my site working for
Netscape3x 4x and IE4, I have not been able to test it with IE3 yet, but I
will do so on Monday from work were I have a machine running IE3. IE3 and
NS3 are as low as I or any of the large sites I have worked on go.  When you
get into NS2.x or Lynx you just lose too much and since most of what I do is
replace C/S systems with Web based ones, I need the features in 3.x and up
browsers.

Peter, I like the redirect trick you shared in your tidbit.  I have done
similar, but instead of setting the location= I called a JavaScript function
which checked the version of the browser (again IE3,4 & NS3,4) and then
redirected the user to the appropriate page.

Howard S. Spector
mailto:howard(at)howardsp.com
http://www.howardsp.com
Alliance Consulting Group