Re: review - http://www.warminthewinter.com/

by "Craig Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:10:40 -0500
 To:  <carole(at)designs.com>,
"Critique List" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I appreciate it. That 404 page is not a page under constuction. It's a 404
error page and is referred to when a page isn't there like a your standard
404 error page in MSIE.

Since I own my servers, I can use custom "page not found" pages rather than
the standard cruddy ones that MSIE or NN create and ones that people can
navigate from. When the site is finished, that 404 page will only be visible
is someone mistypes something in the address area of their browser.

Thank you on the slide show, too. I agree. I'm not really happy with the
speed and quality. I usually use a java applet for this kind of thing and
went to flash just to see, thinking that I could squeeze down the bandwidth
usage a bit.. I think I'll go back to the Java applet. The advantage of a
slide show is that one can conserve space while showing more images, but
you're right, this implementation isn't not so good.