Re: hwg-critique-digest V1 #249

by "Susan Lewis" <slewis(at)networkone.net>

 Date:  Tue, 6 Apr 1999 08:43:56 -0700
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
In general, a nice site -- loaded quickly and easy to read.

I have just a few suggestions:

1)  If you turned your dog graphic so he faced into the page, instead of
away, I think it will be alittle more pleasant.  So often, having a
character face away from the topic tends to draw a viewers eye away from the
page.  If you don't want to "mirror" the graphic, then perhaps you might
want to place it on the other side of the title.

2)  It seems like it would be more attractive if you put more space between
the various t-shirt logos.  Also, line up the text to the middle of each
logo might also look more balanced.  And speaking of balance, had you
thought of alternating the logos with the text -- one line with logo on
left; next line logo on the right.  (Just a thought).

3)  The pages with the hand-drawn t-shirts on the white background really
stood out and were quite attractive.  It just might improve the other
graphics if you added a brighter background -- even a soft green -- instead
of the somewhat drab color now there.  The black, maroon, and grey t-shirts
really need to be on a brighter background.

Had a question for your client -- why is he so concerned about giving out
his email address?  And yet not at all concerned about giving out his home
address?   It's alot easier to hit the "delete" key than it is to close a
door on an intruder.

Overall, a very lovely site.  I enjoyed the comfort of your green background
and the text was easy to read.  There is one problem with the Order page --
and that's because he wants it to be printed out -- but in so doing, the
text becomes quite small and more difficult to read.  I really believe he'd
get more responses if he used a mailto: form AND accepted credit cards.

Good luck with your future projects.  You seem to be getting off on the
right foot.

Susan E. Lewis
Full Circle Associates
http://fullcircleassociates.simplenet.com