Re: http://www.hmex.ao.net/games/

by "=?iso-8859-1?B?TGF1cmkgVuRpbg==?=" <optima(at)hot.ee>

 Date:  Sat, 27 May 2000 21:15:24 +0300
 To:  "Craig T. Harding" <info(at)guidenet.net>,
"HWG Critique List" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Craig,
I must say this: GOOD JOB!

Unlike on so many other pages, the rollover effect has been done nicely.
There are no unnecessary effects such as italics text etc. It's perfect!

The images table_top.gif and table_bck.gif have a space as the ALT text.
Why?

The text is quite easy to read. Good choice of color and font.

The navigation is easy to follow.

The images are easy, but look good. They don't have complex elements in it
that aren't needed. However I'm not quite sure about the main image with the
text: GAMES. The text has a shadow while other images don't have it. It
breaks the unity of the site. All or no images should have a shadow.

I'm not sure about this one, but if the entire page is in a table, doesn't
the browser have to load ALL of the page, before displaying it. A table is
not the perfect solution for positioning images, text etc.

Sorry, didn't have time for more.

Best wishes,
Lauri V�in