Re: Request for critique

by "Tim Rivera" <lists(at)timrivera.com>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:43:36 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I am a student in the Guild's HTML II class. I would like a critique
> of the following site.
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/schloss/neue

Hello Michael,

The site looks very nice! Nice graphics, nice layout, and displayed well. It
is apparent that you have some sort of experience.

Just wondering, did they teach you to use tables for page layout in the class?
I hope they aren't teaching students that, because next you'll have to learn
how to dump tables for CSS.

The only thing I did not like is the rollover effect. I don't mind the colors,
but am distracted by *every* image being changed when I rollover any of the
links. You should change only the image/link being hovered.

Two suggestions:
1) Reduce the large gap at the top of the page.
2) Center the content on the page (for the benefit of visitors with a screen
resolution higher than 800x600.)

I am glad that you are taking the time to learn how to write HTML correctly,
and are concerned about valid and accessible webpages. Keep up the good work,
and good luck to you!

Tim