Re: critique commercial site please

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:41:12 -0400
 To:  "Peter Cutler" <pcs(at)pobox.com>,
"hwg-critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Peter,

First off I viewed your site in Netscape 4.7, Windows 98 SE, 800 x 600
ADSL connection.
Site loaded just a tad sluggish, a few hesitations, but nothing that I could
tell was too bad.  You may want to do a bit of image reduction on the bigger
images
like the one on the main page.

Overall look of the site fits the subject matter.  Very creative design.
Someone was creative with the animated gifs, wasn't too overused.
Navigation
was very clear.  You used a font I wasn't too fond (just my opinion) of
Mercurius Script MT Bold which, if others don't have it on their machines,
they wouldn't see it anyway.

You need meta tags.  They are not necessarily seen but are important if you
want this
site to be found on the net.  If you just finished the site, then maybe you
just
haven't gotten around to that part yet.

Anyway, the site is very nice, I liked the lay out, and you explain your
product well.

Hope this helps

Nancy