Re: Review Site

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 May 1998 20:16:56 -0500
 To:  <outdoorsman(at)tn-outdoors.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>I would like a critique of my site.
>All suggestions will be accepted.
>I am an ammature so be nice.
>Larry Roberts
>The Outdoorsman
>Win $50 at:
>http://www.tn-outdoors.com

Hello Larry,

        Will be as nice and sweet as I can, beginner or pro we all screw up
time to time..

        Well where to start. Was going to be really nice, tried to edit your
page and just ship you a copy but was a little difficult to maintain your
desire and edit at the same time so will just try to tell you what I saw as
brief as I can.

        1) MANY code errors, tags open not closed, tags closed never opened,
tags not needed just excess baggage.

        2) Numerous spelling errors ( by no means am I a English major, just
caught a few).

        3) Structure a little off

        Heck with this let me say it another way. It appears you built a
SiteIndex Page for Search engines. Your 1st page we go to. Though this is
cool for the metas and content you need to make this page as to the point
and specific as possible. No need for the banners, awards etc. Just a GOOD
description of your site at the top, title before meta's then your metas.
Make the jump to your site specific, tight, fast and small as possible.
Assuming this IS the page you submit to the engines.

        When you got that then make your index page (content) with your text
and contents in it. Suggest a About, Award, Designs etc pages, not all on
one. Again specific to the page.

        In general love the Idea ( walleye fisherman here) just needs to be
re-fined and fiddled with a little, its getting there. Did load fast and all
the goodies in that part. Might even consider making the title to "Tennessee
Outdoors", that is it, all know its a home page. Maybe get a good picture of
fish, Mts or something and plaster your name in it and put it at the top,
not a banner, your Title...

        Now this next comment could start a war, not meant that way. You
have a lot of info, you used the <font> tag a lot in the page. Might
consider CSS or at the least putting a <STYLE> tag on the page with a <!--
comment out for old stuff --> so all can read.. Would make your editing a
lot easier. No Flames Please, was just a idea.... <G>...

        Hope something helped, meant in good taste and sorry for the long
one...

Ben

IE 4.0, IE 4.1, NS 3.1
233mhz
56k Motorola
72MB
640x480

Dragon Works Web Design
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
E-Mail: bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
ICQ - 9916649
WebMaster <---- "A Title used by many practiced by few"
"Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Atop those sturdy wings of Old"