Re: Revisions....

by "Jim Howarth" <jhowarth(at)multiboard.com>

 Date:  Sat, 17 Jan 1998 11:05:00 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Howdy.

p100, 32megs ram, 2 megs vram, 800x600

I took a look at your site and I have a few suggestions.  They are, of
course, my opinions and basically what -I- would do.

1. Loose the bacground all together.  Get a nice textured grey or very very
very light sky blue.  as it is right now, the blue is the first thing I find
offensive to my eyes.  Then comes the MF in the BG

2. Use tables.  Tables are the most powerful formatting tool for your page.
They will help you design your page to give the same appearance each time to
every user.  I personally try to make all my pages fit into a 640x480
browser with centered tables that are 550 pixels wide.

3. On all images, put BORDER="0" in there.  that will loose the rather ugly
blue border around them.

Peace and good luck,
Jim Howarth

http://www.boss.on.ca