Re: My Site (www.kaymaster.com)

by "Karin Ransdell" <kransdell(at)squishedmosquito.com>

 Date:  Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:05:37 -0500
 To:  "Kaymaster" <kaymaster(at)cncrenegade.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>

From: Kaymaster <kaymaster(at)cncrenegade.com>
To: <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 1:31 PM
Subject: My Site (www.kaymaster.com)

> I am a begginner at site design. Please critique is for me and see what I
> can do for it to be better. :) Thanks. The URL is http://www.kaymaster.com

1. Design
2. Content

This is the basis for any website and unfortunately, this one doesn't seem
to have either.

You don't really want to make people guess at things, especially how to
access your site.  I had to look at the source code to see that there was a
tiny character in the middle of a black screen.  I assumed that it should be
clicked to go to the next page and was immediately assaulted by music.  No,
no, no.  And another black screen.  As soon as the music started, I was out
of there.  Sorry.

Perhaps you should study some design tutorials or articles and decide what
you want your site to accomplish.  Fill it with content that meets that
goal, and then submit for another critique.

Good luck.