Re: critique re-design of existing e-commerce site

by "Nancy Whittley" <jnwhittley(at)fuse.net>

 Date:  Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:13:05 -0400
 To:  <pbabcock(at)bgsgroup.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Phil,

Win 98 SE,   Netscape 4.6,  800 x 600  ADSL Connection

Well, First thing is it took a while to load and I am on ADSL.
I thought maybe it was a fluke so I left, cleaned my cache and went
back and I counted to 72, before it finally loaded.  Spent most
of that time with only the top bar and images loaded the rest
of the pages where blank, then it all finally showed up.

Your top navigation bar seems miss aligned.  The Three grey buttons
on top, just under them they seem to be up just a bit, making it look
out of alignment.

Coming Attractions also took a while to load.. not as long as the front page
though.  Same issue with those tabs not lining up.
New Arrivals a bit faster load, same tab issue.  Down on the left
at the bottom, the little box for  http://www.dvdboxoffice.com
has a gap of white between the top border and the www.dvdboxoffice.com
words.  It is about 1/4 inch.

I went to Check Out, and again, very very slow load for what little is
there.

Over all the site is very attractive.  Easy to navigate if you can wait.  I
tried
going back and forth between pages and it just dragged its feet.  I will
wait
for a page to load the first time, but when I go back to it a second time I
don't want to have to wait that long, I get frustrated, and leave.
Especially
if I want to click on a selection to read it, and then back to the main
page.
the wait is just too much.

Hope this is helpful.
Sincerely,