Re: Please check site - Commercial

by "Fullers" <fullers(at)quadro.net>

 Date:  Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:09:29 -0400
 To:  <grandane(at)fox.nstn.ca>
 Cc:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi, and thank-you for your helpful suggestions!  As I hinted at, it's a
little difficult for me to do what I think is best in this case.  My client
is hard to please and has his own ideas - set in stone!  He is a retired
professor of design, and since I am still a year away from university, my
ideas don't have much sway with him.  Which is fine, because the main
objective is to please the customer right?  He actually designs his own
pages in a different program, and then gets me to do the HTML.  I did switch
everything around, and had the plaid border on the left with a white
background, but he is convinced that white is too stark on the first page.
So really there wasn't much point in me submitting the page to the critique
list.  I thought he might listen to other people's suggestions, but his only
comment was "What do they know, anyway?".  It didn't help that the first
critique was a bit of a flame...bad impression to begin with, oops =).
However, I'm still working on things, hopefully it will improve a little.
Somehow I don't think I'll include this one in my "portfolio" if I ever need
to make one up! =p

Thanks again,

Amy Fuller