Re: "I'll ask again!

by "Mike Eovino" <meovino(at)erols.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Sep 1999 12:02:12 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Fred Kuhne" <Fred_Kuhne(at)vonrollisola-usa.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Fred,

>The first page on entry left automaticly before I could even take a
>glimpse of it.

Same here

>Welcome Page
>
>The large logo across the top of page "Menzo Berranjan" disappears off
>my screen on the right.

Not at 1024x768, but at lower resolutions

>You say in the nav link on bottom of page "Return to Courtyard" as far
>as I am aware, have not visited that page, perhaps this is the one that
>disappears so quickly.  When I tried to enter "Courtyard" the same thing
>happened, page was accessed and before you could blink, was gone!

Same here, clicking on the courtyard link to the left does the same thing.

Personal Life /Profile Life pages

Glad to see another Notes user on the list!  The waxing gibbous graphic is
not loading into the page.

Link page

Menu2 page in left frame has a BGCOLOR of white.  Tough to read the yellow
text.  I like using TARGET="_BLANK" when linking to external sites to keep
mine hanging around.  Some people like this, and other people don't, so I
think this is a judgement call.

Guestbook

Interesting entries

Writing

Might want to consider a little content in the right pane for the index
pages.  Is it forthcoming?

Music

See above comment.

Forums

The title tag has HTML code in it, showing up in the browser title bar

General

The back button does interesting things, but not what I'd expect.  Some
menus load a little slowly, can you pre-load HTML pages like graphics to be
cached? (asking a question here, I have no idea)  Maybe with invisible
frames?  The menu based navigation is really nice and worked well (well,
when IE wasn't puking on it at least).  Consider getting rid of some of the
blank index pages and just changing menu pages, unless they're going to have
some content.  Pages loaded quickly.  Frames used well (and I'm a frame
hater).  Good work.

Mike Eovino
Webmaster
Estes Express Lines