Re: CIGAR MANUFACTURER

by "Jim Campbell" <tihzta3(at)wizard.net>

 Date:  Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:30:59 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>

From: <MasterHTML(at)aol.com>

> Was wondering if you can take a look at a site I'm designing for a New
Haven,
> CT Cigar Manufacturer called F.D.Grave & Son.  I'm sure you know of their
> cigars one of the most famous is Munniemaker.

never heard of 'em, and i lived in new england for 19 years

> I'm actually just asking for a critique of the general layout, colors,
load
> time, graphics on the first page, because that's all that's done right
now.
> You know all the usual stuff.
>
> http://members.aol.com/MasterHtml/fdgrave/designpage.html

19" monitor, 1600x1200 resolution, M$IE5, 56K modem.

load time was not painfull

i want to see the animated picture of cigars, not a line telling me it is
one <g>

i think if you "pretty up" the background gif so that there isn't a line
next to "grave" it would be less distractive.  If you wipe out the
valign=top it might be easier on the eyes for "top end" visitors, basically
what i see is a postage stamp size box stuck in the top center of my browser
instead of in the middle of your background.

One other thing  you may want to consider elongating the menu bar to reach
the bottom of the main box just for uniformity sake.

i do like your choice of colors, looks pretty sharp on my system :>)

take care,
jim