Re: Please critique http://www.toddbreer.com

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:59:24 -0400
 To:  "Todd Breer" <todd(at)toddbreer.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Todd,

Overall, I think you have succeeded in creating an elegant, professional
looking site.

I only have a couple of comments:

First, I would expect a major link off the main page to be more then a
mailto: email link.  With your "about" and "Resume" pages alreay posted, I
don't think the "Contact" page is likely to add any new information.

Second,  that photo you are using is a tease and it bothers me.  First, you
have a picture of yourself on every page, so from that I would think that
you want us to know what you look like.  But the picture is so fuzzy, we
can't really see what you look like.  So it gives me an uneasy feeling, like
you're very shy but secretly an exhibitionist, maybe.  Well, that was a poor
attempt at humor.  Anyway, I would use a photo that's not quite so fuzzy.

I do like the site very much, especially the graphics you've made from the
text at the tops of the pages and the overall layout.  Afraid I don't have
any older browsers handy...

Cheers,
Kim

   Kimberley Mitchell                           (732) 750-1941
   Member: HTML Writers Guild        kim(at)mighty-sites.com
   Mighty Sites Web Design               http://www.mighty-sites.com