Re: Critique the Scana Home button, please

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Fri, 8 Dec 2000 20:13:37 -0500
 To:  "Complex" <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would add the word 'Home' as a regular entry on your navigation bar.  It
doesn't hurt to have two ways for people to get where they want.

I wouldn't leave it the way it is, with no 'Home' spelled out for the
clueless.  It wasn't until I started reading these lists that I found out
that the logo in the upper left corner often links to the home page, and I'm
sure there are many still out there who would be confused by not being able
to find a "home' link when all the other main pages are spelled out so
clearly.

I do agree with your concern about not corrupting your pretty logo, and not
using a graphic "Home" in combination with the text links.  By including
both, you do give up a little bit of real estate,  but I think it would be
for a good cause..  consistency of navigation and making the site a bit
clearer for the uninitiated.

Just my opinion :)
Kim

http://www.sewingandvac.com