Re: Yet Another L-O-N-G, Harsh Email About Killian

by "Jo Nell Fulwiler" <fulwiler(at)dallas.net>

 Date:  Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:59:41 -0600
 To:  "HWG-Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Starr Wolf" <starrwolf(at)texoma.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This email is directed to Glynda......who does not want to use or reveal her
own email address.

I have been on this list for over 2 years. I very rarely post anything to
the list. I will send any critiques that I feel necessary directly to the
person requesting them. It is also rare that I look at "web designer's"
sites. Due to the controversy over this website, I took a look at it. I have
also taken a look at Killian's site.

First and foremost, I have to say that although I do not find Starr's
particularly offensive, I also would not purchase her services based on the
skills exhibited on the pages she submitted for critique.

The points that Killian made were valid criticisms. I agree he could have
been more tactful in his statements. But that is not his style. Anyone who
has read this list for any length of time would know that. If you are
offended by his style of critiquing, then you should use the delete key and
not read his responses.

When a person submits their work to a forum such as this, they open
themselves to all responses.

In conclusion, a couple of very old sayings come to mind which apply to this
entire controversy. The first is

            If you do not want to run with the big dogs, then stay on the
porch.

Secondly, also with the dog analogy

            If you are going to bark at the big dogs, you have to be
prepared for them to growl back.

Age is not the issue here. The entire issue is whether or not Starr is
prepared to enter a business world that is ruthless by its nature. Yes, the
young developers will be the future of the industry, but until they are
mentally prepared to entire a field where ethics are not always considered a
priority, then maybe they should stay on the porch.

Sincerely,

Jo Nell Fulwiler