Re: Over 30 Enterprises

by "Kim Mitchell" <kim(at)who-knows.com>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 1999 19:16:00 -0500
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Carrie" <carrie(at)cefwebdesign.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First page:  I would really like to see more color on the front page and be
swept off my feet by an exquisite piece that shows off your product.  Your
text says that you like to see the sparkle of stones and metals, but there
is no imagery to support that phrase.

Looking at the Products page, looking for the beauty of your products, I can
easily navigate (good) but the pictures don't seem to show off your product
to its best advantage.  The backgrounds are light and neutral, and the
jewelry looks ordinary.  Even taking a lesson from print ads, I would try to
photograph jewelry in bright light against a dark background to make it
sparkle.

All in all, I think your site is orderly and easy to navigate, but needs
more sparkle to present the product in its best light.

Just my opinion and best of luck!
Kin

   Kimberley Mitchell                           (732) 750-1941
   Member: HTML Writers Guild        kim(at)mighty-sites.com
   Mighty Sites Web Design               http://www.mighty-sites.com