Re: Critique, Please

by "Jim and Roxi" <jbax(at)olypen.com>

 Date:  Wed, 30 Dec 1998 17:31:02 -0800
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Starr Wolf" <starrwolf(at)texoma.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Starr ...

First thing, there's a typo on the very first page (exactly) that's probably
not the way you want to start out a professional bid for business.

I'm not thrilled with the site map .. I like the actual map, and I think
that the wolf looks good .. but where he's the part that changes on the
mouseovers makes it difficult to comprehend .. (IMHO) ...

as for the dog .. well, I have to agree with everyone else .. he's rather
annoying .. and being animated the way that he is .. he doesn't offer
anything .. (i.e., if you had other graphics that were animated he'd fit in
.. but being as you have a nature FEEL to your site .. I think that you'd be
better off either finding another type of graphic "eagle, wolf, badger,
etc." ..)

The purpose in NOT providing package deals .. it gives the impression that
it's a ONE SIZE FITS ALL sort of business.  OR .. even worse .. that any
additional changes are going to be nickeling and diming the customer. .. I
have chosen to NOT provide this information for that reason (it leaves me
open to charging based on the actual needs of my clients .. and them knowing
that what they got was an INDIVIDUAL price based on an INDIVIDUAL need) ..
again, this is my opinion .. and my reasons for it! ...You're not the only
designer out there that has chosen to create package rates/deals .. and I'm
guessing that some of them have customers, too .. :)

Hope this helps ...

Good luck,
Roxi