Re: major site re-design

by "WB3" <bassw(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:13:04 -0400
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  <ellen.yoffee(at)ctp.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
First:  Scrolling bad.  especially on the home page.  This has always been a
big faux pas.  I would manage the real estate on the site some to eliminate
some of the scrolling.

I personally love the color scheme.  Very simple, elegant and for the most
part easy to read.  However on "University Network Integrated
Telecommunications System" I would decrease the shading a bit on that... it
does look very blurry and hard to read...  but it looks good nevertheless...
perhaps darken the rust color a bit might help too.

I would reduce the amount of text you have as well.  Me and my business
partner design in a way that "less is more"

I would agree that some of the banners need to come off, such as the WC3,
etc...  anything that is not directly related to the "purpose" of the site
should go.

There is a "Text Only" link in the upper left hand corner that I think is a
little distracting.  Think about it this way.  When people read, its left to
right top to bottom.  I think most sites are the same way too.  Its a
"natural" habit.    I would relocate that to a more inconspicuous spot but
yet still noticeable, perhaps upper left hand?

I do like the texturing you have done.  It adds great interest.   I think
you have a great start here.  Hope this helps

Woody Bass
WEE Enterprises