Re: Site Critique

by "Matthew S. Burton" <msburton(at)usa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:04:32 -0600
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
A couple of things which really stand out to me - the banner could stand for
some improvements, namely the fonts used are not meant to be displayed with
any quality at that size - they are pretty choppy - try to find cleaner more
readable fonts.
Also, now please do not take offense to this, and this my personal opinion,
but the kid in the banner has got to go. He looks like a troll doll. That,
and the image of a huge head in contrast with a pretty much image-bare page
is odd, IMO.
Secondly, the background tiles at 1024x768 and it's not a pretty picture. I
think that maybe a two paned frameset could be used well here, with the left
pane being a dark color containing those links (maybe have those as images?)
and the main section being white or close to it. (light beige, light grey,
etc...)
Well, that's about it for now - good luck!

~~~~~~
Matthew S. Burton
Email: msburton(at)usa.net
~~~~~~