Re: Please Critique

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Mon, 5 Jan 1998 01:07:20 -0800
 To:  <helmann1(at)mwt.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Andrew,

Site critiqued:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/1642/index.html
Viewed with a P133, 31.2, 640 x 480, MSIE 3.02

>I was looking for info on:
>1. Load time

Fair.

>2. Graphics: Okay or to pushy?

Not for me to say. I'm not into your topic, so I have no reference point. I
did enjoy the Dragon though
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Battlefield/1642/drag.jpg   being the
DragonHeart fanatic that I am (I'm a "Knight of the Old Code" at heart).

>3. Frames: To many? To confusing?

Yes, to both. Why frames at all (I say this feeling like a hypocrite as I
put the finishing touches on a new commercial frames based website for a
client)? IMO the use of frames in this instance is poorly executed (sorry)
and not enhancing your site. Indeed your site is difficult to see at my
screen res and not an enjoyable experience. I would definitely redo the
frames to display at smaller resolutions - or eliminate them altogether.

>4. Text: Should I use a special font? (along with having the font for
>download)

No. IMO, most people are not going to download a font just to view your
site.

>5. General appearance.

Cluttered. I think you have the makings of a good site. IMO, you'll just
need to modify and/or redo your layout.

>You can easily judge the character of a person by how he treats those
>who can do nothing for him. --James D. Miles

Amen.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<