Re: Critique - Small Mfg. Company Site

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 1998 18:42:09 -0600
 To:  "Lee Nickles" <gnickle(at)hubcap.clemson.edu>,
"HWG Critique" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Lee Nickles" <gnickle(at)hubcap.clemson.edu>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Greetings all,
>I'm requesting a critique of a COMMERCIAL site I've done for a small
>manufacturing firm, temporarily at:
>http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~gnickle/wj/index.htm

Hello,
        I am starting to wonder if it is just me or my taste as I am seeing
more and more in this design but here goes my comments..

233mhz
33.6
640x480
IE 4.0

Download Time real good.
But the only comments I have are as follows:

1) Why do you have on all the links pages (not main page) the left side
aligned more to the right and the text area aligned to the left. Understand
there is a color band that separates but in my humble thought it appears to
run to close together. Maybe re-do the width or simple yet center it. I
believe it was the Contact page, the Company and the address all to the
right, would look I feel better Centered. This goes for all pages except
index page.

2) Theres alot of Bold Text in places, looks like a yell, what about EM tag
or another font. Or both and expanding on the topic Just a little. Example,
one page at bottom says they offer training, on what? How to make a seal or
install it?

3) On the Products page, could be something better in graphics than a
folder, but is a nice touch.

4) I assume you must have the "Female Owned". Nothing against it, please no
hate mail :) but does it Matter!!

5) and last, No E-Mail Address????

All loaded and worked fine on this end, the above are just personal
preferences and that is all.

Ben

Dragon Works
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com