Re: Thanks for the Suggestions

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 1998 09:05:40 -0600
 To:  "Sam Liao" <wtwu(at)ix.netcom.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Thank you all for the suggestions. Most people tells me the colors hurts
>their eyes. There is no way to compromise between these two. What
>should I do to please my audience?
>In addition, I found a way to put in graphics, please tell me if this is
>a good idea. > Sam Liao
> Game Crazed
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Realm/4330/

Sam,

        The 1st thing you must do while you are in here or any other help
forum is remember that it is OTHER Designers that are looing at your site
and what you like is not and will never be the site they created. You must
take all critique with a open and closed mind. I do not like red text so
there fore all red text pages will look bad to me (just the red text not the
page) but someone else will say "Its Great". At this point you Must do Only
what "you" fell is right and not what others do.

Now with this in mind;
1) Change the red Text :)
2) I find it hard on these 40 year old eyes to read the fine print below the
links.
3) All is dark looking and the border with the links jumps out at me.
4) Background, will leave alone as it again comes to taste.

What I would do.

I get the feeling looking at your page it is wanting to be setup Something
like C-Net or ZD Net. If so then colors would be what I would work on. Not
sure if that was the goal or not though. But it does appear you wish to have
a split color scheme. All loaded fine and worked fine. Again Just the small
text under the links and the color. (I do not think white would work for
background). Just a thought, what about this. Your page is called Game
Crazed, Ever Played Myst???? If so got the Box it came in. Look at it. Got
some cool ideas on a background on it. Or Daggerfall, now there is a idea...
Forget that one, gonna work on that one myself :)...

Ben

Dragon Works
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
"Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Those strudy wings of Old"