Re: Please critique my site

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Mon, 2 Mar 1998 06:52:43 -0600
 To:  "Robert Hudson" <robert(at)eclipse.net>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Hudson <robert(at)eclipse.net>
To: hwg-critique(at)hwg.org <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
Date: Monday, March 02, 1998 5:27 AM
Subject: Please critique my site
>http://www.herbnet.com

I looked at your site and all in all liked it, there are a couple
suggestions I would have but this would be on the assumption you designed
the site for All to see as you wanted it to be.

    1) In the resolution below it will not fit w/o scrolling (main Page)
other pages seem to fit fine but the Main Page all is too far off to the
right..

    2) Understand by the content the use of Frames BUT if you lowered the
Awards a notch as in got rid of them on Every page the need for the right
Frame goes for the moast part away... I would suggest as you are it appears
wanting to move forward then forget the awards on every page. Mostly forget
them on the Main Page, lots of empty white at the bottom due to awards. If
You Must have them then create a Awards Page separately from the rest. Hence
the need for frames is depleted..

    3) Stick with (though they do look nice) a main background theme. Again
I think by looking at your site the theme was basically changed to fit the
frames, which goes back to the awards..

    The rest of the Critique would be mainly preference and would not be of
any benefit. Looks good, loads fine, reads fine. Just think the Awards
Hender the overall design....

Ben

IE 4.0
233mhz
33.6
72MB
640x480

Dragon Works Web Design
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
E-Mail: bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
WebMaster <---- "A Title used by many for Self Glorification purpose"
"Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Atop those sturdy wings of Old"