Re: Please take a look at my web design site

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:25:00 -0600
 To:  <bforrest(at)erols.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>The site is http://page4.com
>--
>Nancy Forrest
>Washington, D.C.
>PAGE4 Creating Unique Personal Web Pages
>http://www.page4.com

Hello,
        Have a few things that might be interesting to you or maybe not.
1) On the Main Page there is a Blue dot at the bottom left side???

2) Your pages have different backgrounds on some would suggest keeping to a
scheme, always seems to do better. You read 1 page, all adjusts, then go to
another and different. In going with that and this is just personal
preference, I liked the background and layout on the About Me Page. White,
all read good. The Orange or yellow whatever on the others with the
purpleish type is hard to concentrate on.

3) I would think somewhere on the main page or all the pages you would have
a E-mail to you. Understand its in the Contact page but you miss a NOW
response w/o a E-Mail on all.

4) Your Meta tags are small, they could expand and capture alot more. You
have limited yourself to someone being very specfic in a search. Example:
You could add, HTML Help, HTML Code, HTML, Code, Page, Webpage, Homepage,
Homepage creation, etc etc. You would capture More of a search for the items
you want to give.

5) By adding a cost figure you again limit yourself to a certain price. Many
Webpage designers are competeing for this, price I have found is a small
concern compared to looks, feel, navigation. I always suggest to post
samples and by the sample a E-Mail address with the phrase "E-mail for a
Quote". That will not SET a specfic value.

6) Along that line, visited Maria's Page, All Text on Main page runs Into
the left Border and cannot be read in Resolution below. Bad Choice to put on
to show off your work...

        Nothing above is major, all loaded fine and in general looked fine,
just feel a few tweaks are in need... Do not Critique Spelling, Ain't No
Good At it, Love spell checkers <g>....

Ben

IE 4.0
233mhz
33.6
72MB
640x480

Dragon Works Web Design
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
E-Mail: bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
WebMaster <---- "A Title used by many for Self Glorification purposes only"
         "Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Atop those sturdy wings of Old"