Re: Natural-Beauty (not a beauty care site)

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sat, 7 Mar 1998 07:54:54 -0600
 To:  <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>,
"Ryan E. Schutte" <Cheetahs(at)Natural-Beauty.com>
  todo: View Thread, Original
>http://www.Natural-Beauty.com
>I'm just looking for a general critique of the whole site.  If you want to
>break it down into parts, feel free to.  As far as I know, everything
>should be working, all links, pictures, etc.
>Natural-Beauty
>Ryan E. Schutte (Cheetahs)

Hello,
        I first want to stress the fact that Most Critiques are based on a
Personal Preference and no matter how you try it always comes down to a
Personal Preference... But if one sees it this way then you must assume
others shall.

1) You do have broken links, mainly pictures, cannot remember all but
example, main page, HTML Logo did not load. There where 3 other pages and I
am truley sorry I do not remember them.  Users Page JBInet Page did not
load..

2) General Design: Think you limit yourself as far as look from the main
page. The links section although different is very hard to read, snowflakes
and all. It appears you are despartately trying to show alot of graphical
source to a viewer/client to sway a person your way. Not Needed. Most people
want a working, functionable, interesting site. Not a puzzle. To get caught
up in a huge scheme limits expression. To make use of a small scheme and
build on it enlarges the creativity of ones design.

3) IF and this is personal preference, if I where to be looking Fast, and
this is what most do. For a Designer for my page and I ran across your
framed version I would move on. It is very confusing and if really studied
on, it really is not needed. Tables would do a much better job. your
non-framed version is Much Better. I went to your Cheetah page, again
personal, nice site, bad text color, hard to read.
        As far as loading, overall working it was a good site. Just needs a
little fine tuning.
Suggestions:
    I would in going with the title and what it is you are conveying change
alot but easy stuff. Now think of this, You appear to like the Graphical
side better, lots of graphics, offer scanning, pictures etc...  What if, you
placed a picture of say oh.. the Rockies or Badlands or whatever, made that
into your main Logo (in place of the snowflake) with the Title "Natural
Beauty". First That WOULD catch my eye, second I Would read further. Tabled
out with Title on top Picture say left or right, text other side.. Or sounds
like your a Missouri person (me too) what about the Ozarks Natural Beauty
<<<<<..
    Then I would either pick a white/cream/light yellow (if not a naturally
fuzzy or faded) background. Using Black/Brick Red Text. All would stand out
and and all would be very readable.

Was just a few tips.. and I do not do spelling, horrible at it...

Again all in all nice site. You must remember if you are selling something
to anyone, the first thing you sell is Yourself. You do that and the rest
falls in place.

Ben

IE 4.0
233mhz
33.6
72MB
640x480

Dragon Works Web Design
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
Sibley, Missouri
E-Mail: bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
WebMaster <---- "A Title used by many for Self Glorification purpose"
"Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Atop those sturdy wings of Old"