Re: review: http://www.ao.net/~guide/exchange/index.html

by simone(at)genesisnetwork.net (Demitrius)

 Date:  Fri, 13 Mar 1998 11:06:10 -0800
 To:  "Craig T. Harding" <guide(at)ao.net>,
"Critique List" <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Craig,

Site critiqued: http://www.ao.net/~guide/exchange/index.html
Viewed with a P133, 28.8, 640x480, MSIE 4.0

>Does this site
>sell?

I believe so, yes.

>I also want to be sure the colors contrast enough on various browsers.

'Nuff contast for me.  =)

Okay. Now for my other observations.

Craig! <smack> Whatcha doin' making the title.jpg a JPEG and not a GIF?  :P
Major boo boo. Try it again, please.  =)

You've done a good job compressing the images. I'm inclined to say too much,
but then again, with as many images as you have on each page, you've done a
good job of keeping the download time short.

You've hit all the hot buttons for real estate. And you've provided  wealth
of info. Good job.

I like the way you wrapped the text around the images. Nice detail.

In the Map page, how about creating a link to either:
http://www.mapquest.com/
or
http://www.mapblast.com/
and making the <A HREF > go directly to the property's address. That way,
people could zoom in or out to get an interactive feel for the location.  I
did this on my church's website and last Sunday a new visitor said she used
that feature to make a map for herself to find us. Check it out:
http://members.aol.com/visionsctr/map.htm

In the navigation, Index and Home are a little confusing. How about Index
and House, Index and Condo or Index and Unit?

Experience has taught me that a forms base contact page will get you more
results as opposed to just a mailto: link. A Lot More. Like 20 to 1.

Other than that, an informative website. I'd say it's a definite plus.

Regards,
Demitrius >I<