Re: Critque!!

by "Mike Green" <mgreen(at)iname.com>

 Date:  Sat, 21 Mar 1998 15:15:08 -0500
 To:  "CyberMike" <cybermike(at)cityontheweb.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Mike,

> I have been a mbr for about a year but do to my Job
> I spend a lot of time traveling so I do not always get to do
> my share of cretiquing,  But here goes my 1st request at
> having my page critqued.

While I was munching on my hoagie in my break (Yes, I work Saturdays) I had
the chance to visit your site.

My first impressions are so-so. The main page is slightly too crowded,
especially with animated imagesand CAPS text (Like "HELLO? YOU
LISTENING?") - the two images for MSIE and Netscape aren't necessary as well
as that "older browser" message. A suggestion would be to spend a little
time in getting a JavaScript to detect the browser: Once an old browser is
found, THEN show this message. Check out http://www.developer.com for
thousands of examples you can use, mostly for free.

Also, on the main page, the logos aren't showing up well - they look a
little "squashed". You may wish to leave the "WIDTH" and "HEIGHT" out of the
IMG tag, or check for the appropriate size. Do note that the HWG has some
guidelines on the use of their logo - check that out.

Oh, the "Residents!" page... You need to check the links with those images
because some are broken (e.g., the image doesn't show up).

For the rest, it's looking good! I can see what idea you had in mind, and
you did a good job getting it on the screen. And it loads fast enough for
me, which is one of the most important things.

This all was done with Netscape 4 on a Win95/Intel PC - 800x600/Millions of
colors and 33k6 connection.

Sincerely,
    Mike Green