Re: Give me a little advice, please

by "bmccune" <bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com>

 Date:  Sun, 22 Mar 1998 07:05:00 -0600
 To:  "Heath272" <Heath272(at)aol.com>,
<hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
-----Original Message-----
From: Heath272 <Heath272(at)aol.com>
To: hwg-critique(at)hwg.org <hwg-critique(at)hwg.org>
Date: Saturday, March 21, 1998 8:29 PM
Subject: Give me a little advice, please

>Hello,
>I have been a member of HWG for a while and have since become somewhat
>familiar with HTML.  I would appreciate and comments, advice, etc. about my
>website:
>http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Dell/8297
>Thanks,
>Heath

Hello Heath,
        First of all understand Any Critique is 1 persons thoughts of how
YOU should do your Site and not a bashing. Tastes are different, intents are
never the same....

        You have few few Broken links, some not ready. As in when I went to
the H & H (links off of your page therefore it IS in the Critique) you have
a link (forgot, sorry name) that puts up HTML code and not your text..

        Let me stop here for most of the concerns I see on both your pages,
Home and Design page are basic and simple errors. They do not need a full
critique but rather just some human input so here is the thought.

        As said numerous times, any design one makes of a page whether it is
for themselves or they or doing it for someone else, is a extension of the
Designers Heart. You can tell me to design a page for you, give me all the
info and tools and graphics etc. But when done it will still be my way. Why
is this? Because it is my Heart not yours that does it. So what does this
mean to you and your pages. YOU PUT TO MUCH of you in it...

        You forgot a Basic Law, A Theme, a What is it I want to Produce and
Get Across to someone I do not Know!! You have a good heart and soul, that
anyone can see. Work on the Theme of your Heart and Stick to that. Do not
put a page up that reflects you but rather your Intentions. Now what would
that be? You said it yourself many times in your page, many times you
mentioned your goal. Though it does not have to be totally towards this, the
theme can be based on this, do you know what it is, hmmm?? Make it yours and
his page, now you know? Graphics to a well taken degree, scripture,
knowledge base etc. Layout your page paper then make it..

        Not bashing and hope you understand what I am saying. You have the
basic HTML done but you lack the Inventiveness to put it out. Its there your
just not drawing on it.. You must think of one thing when trying to get
people to your site. What is it I want to say and How do I put it out....
When you figure that out the site will fall into place.

IE 4.0
233mhz
33.6
72MB
640x480

Dragon Works Web Design
E-Mail: dragonwk(at)ix.netcom.com
Ben McCune
E-Mail: bmccune(at)ix.netcom.com
ICQ - 9916649
WebMaster <---- "A Title used by many for Self Glorification purpose"
"Atop the Dragon's Wings he rode, Atop those sturdy wings of Old"